Increase Size: +




Questions & Answers

For residents and staff, we have provided answers to questions and concerns about the merging of Central Coast Community Care Organisation, Adelene and Vietnam Veterans Keith Payne VC Hostel into one organisation.

General Questions

  • Who is Alino Living?

    Alino Living is the combination of previous retirement and aged care providers, Adelene, Central Coast Community Care Association (CCCA) and Vietnam Veterans Keith Payne VC Hostel. It is a not-for-profit entity that merged in 2021 to encompass all three care organisations. In essence, Alino Living is the umbrella organisation under which all facilities now sit.

  • What does Alino mean? Why Alino Living?

    Alino is a play on the word aligned – a fitting representation of our organisation given it encompasses three similarly aligned aged care providers.

  • What is Alino Living envisioning for the future?

    Our future is bright! As a single independent residential aged care provider, Alino Living is able to better deliver for residents, share and invest in greater resources and offer enhanced opportunities for staff to progress their careers right here on the Coast.

    Alino Living organisation is one of the largest aged care organisations on the Central Coast and is in a position to be able to better lobby for and represent resident and staff interests to industry bodies and other stakeholders.

  • Who are the CEOs?

    Alino Living has two joint CEOs, Greg Williams (previous CEO of CCCCA) and Justin Dover (previous CEO of Vietnam Veterans KPVCH and Adelene). Both have particular strengths, and their roles encompass these and a shared set of values. Combined, they give Alino Living the best possible leadership.

  • Are you a registered charity?

    Alino Living has DGR status meaning we are a registered charity.

  • How do I provide feedback or raise a complaint?

    As a community-owned organisation, we strongly value the thoughts and the opportunity to work with you to resolve any issues you may have. That’s why you’ll find it easy to raise a complaint, make a suggestion, share a compliment or just have your say at Alino Living.

    Here are some simple avenues to provide your feedback:

    Speak to a team member in your home. This is often the fastest and easiest way to communicate your feedback and to resolve an issue.

    Arrange a time to speak with the Facility Manager in your care community either in person or by phone. Our Facility Managers appreciate the opportunity to work with you to action your feedback.

    You can submit your feedback using the online form or by contacting our head office and your feedback will be routed to the most appropriate manager.

Independent and Retirement Living

  • What governing body regulates independent living villages?

    Alino Living’s independent retirement living is regulated by the Retirement Villages Act 1999, Retirement Villages Regulation 2017 in NSW. NSW Fair Trading is the regulatory body that administers the regulations for Retirement Villages. Their website will provide useful information: or telephone 133 220.

  • Do I own my Apartment or Villa in Adelene Village?

    We encourage our prospective Independent Living residents to understand the types of tenure offered by Retirement Villages.

    For Alino Living’s Adelene Village we enter a loan arrangement, where you pay an ingoing contribution in return for the right to occupy the premises. This arrangement allows you to live in the unit, but you do not own it or have a registered interest in it.

    Loan arrangements are mainly offered by non-profit organisations or charity village operators.

    You will pay a departure fee when you leave this village. For full terms and conditions please speak to our friendly staff.

  • Will I have to pay stamp duty on my home in Adelene Village?

    No, stamp duty does not apply to the purchase of your Adelene Village home.

  • Do residents pay council and water rates at Adelene?

    No, council and water rates are paid by the operator from your monthly recurrent charge.

  • Are you a registered charity?

    Alino Living has DGR status meaning we are a registered charity.

  • Can family and friends stay overnight?

    Of course they can. Your home at Adelene Village is no different than your current family home and we welcome visitors. However, there are rules and regulations which must be upheld.

  • How do I sell my home?

    When you permanently leave the village, we will sell your home for you. You are not required to pay any costs involved in selling your unit. Regulations around leaving the Village apply.

  • Does the monthly service fee cover maintenance within the apartment?

    Ongoing fees are also known as recurrent charges for general services and are paid on a monthly basis. Repairs of the operator owned fixtures and fittings in your home are covered by the recurrent charge and our maintenance team will arrange repairs for you. These fees also cover Village facilities, like village management, insurance fees and facilities such as grounds and gardens.

  • Can I make minor design changes to my home after moving in?

    You may add, remove or alter any fixtures and fittings, or renovate your premises, but only with our prior written approval which we will not unreasonably refuse. We may include reasonable conditions in our consent.

  • Will extended health care and services be available if the need arises?

    If the need arises, our friendly staff can assist you to navigate the options in obtaining home care services and residential aged care services.

  • How do I raise the alert if I need assistance?

    All homes are equipped with a 24-hour emergency call system.

  • What vehicle parking is available for residents?

    Garages are available, there is also designated visitor parking in Adelene Village.

  • Are pets allowed?

    Yes, you can request to bring a small pet to Adelene Village. However, there are rules and regulations which must be upheld. A Pet Owner Agreement is to be signed by all residents with pets. This is designed to safeguard the interest of all residents.

Residential Aged Care

  • How do I know if I need residential care?

    The best way to find out which option is for you is to discuss it with someone who respects your situation and knows you well. This could be family, friends or a local doctor.

    If you require additional guidance, you can also consult with the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). They will help you to assess your needs, and reasons for entering residential aged care.

    If you are struggling to navigate the process of considering aged care, speak with one of our friendly team our view our Care Guide page here.

  • Do we have to use My Aged Care to access aged care services?

    For people who are already receiving aged care services, there is no need for them to contact My Aged Care. However, if their needs change or you need to assess your needs as it’s the first time you’re considering residential aged care, then they should contact My Aged Care as a starting point.

    It is important that people are referred to My Aged Care to ensure their aged care needs can be assessed holistically, and the right services put in place to support their aged care needs and service preferences.

  • What is the best option for me if I believe I only need short term care?

    Short term care is commonly known as respite care. Respite is a period of temporary accommodation in an aged care home, which may be required for reasons such as:

    • trying out a home before making a decision to move permanently
    • if a carer or support person is going away on a holiday or is unavailable for a period of time
    • in emergency situations

    The government provides funding to support respite for a number of weeks throughout the year (this also requires an ACAT assessment) unless you are choosing to pay privately. If you are interested in looking at respite care, please call us to find out more.

  • Can residents visit family overnight?

    Residents are entitled to 52 overnight absences per financial year. This enables residents to spend weekends with their families without losing their place at any Alino Living residential aged care community.

  • What happens when a resident needs a higher level of care?

    The majority of Alino Living communities are designed to be ageing in place, meaning that residents remain here when their care needs increase. The exception is Adelene Court and on occasion, Lake Haven Court and Killarney Court.

    For residents within these communities we can arrange for additional care services through MyAgedCare or they can get preferential placement in an ageing-in-place community within the Alino Living family.

    In any instance where a family or resident wishes for services or care not offered by Alino Living, they have the option to relocate as they desire.

  • What are the initial costs and ongoing costs associated with Alino Living’s residential aged care?

    How much you pay towards care, accommodation and daily living costs vary from individual to individual and how much you pay depends on your financial situation. The Australian Government regulates this to ensure that you pay no more than you can afford. The Australian Government sets the maximum fees for care and daily living expenses, and there are also rules about how much you can be asked to pay or contribute to your accommodation.

    You may be asked to pay one or more of the following:

    • A basic daily care fee for the cost of your daily care needs (dispensing medication, showering, cleaning etc). Depending on your financial situation this may be the only fee you need to pay.
    • A means-tested care fee. This is an additional contribution towards the cost of care that some people may be required to pay. Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) will assess if you are required to pay this fee based on an assessment of your income and assets, and will advise you how much if any you need to pay.
    • An accommodation payment. This includes things such as meals, electricity and laundry. Some people will have their accommodation costs met in full or part by the Australian Government, while others will need to pay the accommodation price agreed with the aged care home. Centrelink will advise you which applies to you based on an assessment of your income and assets. Fees for extra or additional optional services.

    Our aim is to make your life as easy and simple as possible. We are always happy to explain about the costs associated with the care we provide.

    Prices of our suites and rooms across Alino Living can be found here.

    For more information from MyAgedCare call 1800 200 422 and the website is

  • How do you find the right home?

    You may choose to start looking for a place prior to your assessment being completed or once you have the approval in place. We recommend calling the home in advance and making an appointment to view the residential community.

    See the section below on What to look for when selecting a Home and make a list of questions you may like answered.

    After taking a tour of the Alino Living community you may choose to put your name on the wait list or apply for a vacancy if available immediately.

    Once you’ve been offered a place and made the choice to accept it, you may arrange another visit before you move in, to familiarise yourself with your new home’s surroundings. In most cases there will be some pre-admission paperwork to be completed and returned. This can be emailed or collected in person from our facility.